Lycopodium: A Study
NATIONAL JOURNAL OF HOMOEOPATHY 2004 Mar / Apr VOL VI NO 2.
Dr Vishpala Parthasarathy
'Lyco / Ars-a / Nux-v / Thuja
Case 2: A Control Freak
Mr KM, 41 yrs, CA, Hindu. Non Vegetarian came to me on 14th March 2003 with the chief complaint of:
1. Heaviness all over abdomen < am. Eructation < dairy products, < dal, Flatulence < cauliflower, < cabbage. Burning Sensation on empty stomach. Mild nagging pain > night. These complaints are there almost everyday since 1999 Increased since Jan 03.He has visited almost all the Gastroenterologists-some diagnosed it as liver malfunction , some said the problem is with the Gall Bladder but there was no relief.
- Since 1999 even the Triglycerides and Cholesterol are very high.
- Chest pain referred by GB spasm < 8 pm on 25th Jan 03 .
- Nose Allergy, Sneezing with redness of eyes once a month for 4days <Kerala3 from hay, dust, pollen.
- Giddiness <afternoon2<3-6pm 1/3mth since 2001.
Patient as a person:
Stocky. Oily Skin. Scabs on Chest and loin.
Persp: Scanty. App:Good. Thirst: Profuse 1 litre/day.
Craving: Butter3, cheese3, chicken3, chocolate3, coffee3, egg3, curd3, fish3, fried3, ice-cream3, pungent3, salt3, sweet3, hot3 "straight from tava".
Stool:2/day, unsatisfactory. H/O Constipation, SCOPR with occational bleeding .
Urine :Normal. Sleep:8 hrs, on abdomen.
24/3/62 : Born in Kerala.
77: Passed SSC with 54%.Was a brilliant student, but overconfident.
79: HSC, 54%. Only wanted to become Doctor. But did not get admission. Disappointed
82: BSC Physics 67%.
86: CA was suggestion of father .But is very happy that he is not a Doctor, who have to be more saintly and not money-minded like him.
87-97: Chief Executive in Kotak Mahindra.
94: Arranged Marriage. Also started his own business as always wanted to be on own.
02: Loss in business, lot of complication, stress3.
By Nature he is very Particular, Punctual.Impatient. Short tempered. Caring, loving, accommodating. Goes out of his way to help people.Worries a lot- about health or could be anything .Fear of darkness, snake, ghost, death, poverty3. Anxiety3 business, health, family. Stubborn.Behaviour aggressive3, hurry3,fastidious3.
This is a case where a business minded person, having passion for money, very fastidious, suffering from IBS and they cannot help though visited best of Gastroenterologists, not better none of them could study the mind which only a homeopath can do. And that is what which helped in this case.
Structure: To put all the facts and Evolve traits in 1 page (see Page No. 121) Repertorial totality:
- A/F Disappointment 1033
- A/F Business 1009
- Fear poverty of 1050
- Money passion to make 1084
- Fastidious 1043 Ø Domineering 1034
- Anger easily 995 Ø Anxiety health 1001
- Hurried 1058 Ø Fixed Ideas1061
- Milk Agg 543
- Stools Unsatisfactory 1270
Potential Differential Field:
- Cr salts Ø Cr icecream
- Cr sweets Ø Abdomen Heaviness
- Chest Pain Ø Eructation Amel 1376
Lyc 26/10, Ars-alb 24/12, Nux-vom 23/11, Puls 18/9, Sulph 18/9, Nat-mur 18/8,Ign 16/9, Sep 16/10, Lach 1/7.
Acute : Nux-vom
|14/3/03||Tender lower abdomen as if a sore wound. Irritable. Stools semisolid, satisfactory.||Nux-vom 30 1st dose|
|21/3/03||>50%.Tenderness >50%, Flatulence >, Stools semisolid, satisfactory.||Nux-vom 30 2nd dose|
|28/3/03||Flatulence <evening3 but no trapped sensation.||Lyc 200 1st dose
Nux-vom 30 3P SOS
|31/3/03||Throat irritation >warm||Ars-alb 30 3P 1P=3
Lyc 200 2nd dose
|9/4/03||>3 Flatulence +.Stool unsatisfactory||Lyc 200 3rd dose|
|23/4/03||Was >3.Loose Motions since 3 days .Flatulence +||Lyc 200 4th dose|
|25/4/03||Sneezing3 sudden<dust.Abdomen >70%||Sabad 200 2P 1P=3|
|5/5/03||Stomach heaviness +,Stool 2-3/am, Fatigue||Nux-vom 1M|
|12/5/03||Flatulence 50%, Heaviness +, Acidity>50% (to complement the action of Nux-v)||Sul 30|
|22/8/03||Fever 100, Tired3, cough>warm, Sprained back, Bodyache3.||Eup-per 200 3P 1P=3|
|20/9/03||Better||Tub b 1M 1st dose|
|27/9/03||Lyc 200 5th dose|
|13/10/03||Sneezing3 with headache.Throat pain.Similar complaints he had 10 yrs back.? HERING. need to watch.||Sac-lac 200|
|14/11/03||Flatulence +, Bowel not clear||Lyc 200 6th dose|
|17/12/03||Was >80%.Again complaints + (? Intercurrent required)||Thuja 200 1st dose
Lyc 200 6th dose
|16/1/04||Sinusitis||Kali-bi 200 3P 1P=3|
|25/1/04||>||Lyc 200 7th dose|
|25/2/04||>3. His Cholesterol and triglycerides levels have normalized after 5 yrs!||Sac-lac 200|
|21/4/04||>3 Flatulence >50%||Thuja 200 2nd Dose|
|28/4/04||Now patient still under observation.||Lyc 200 8th Dose|